Last week, I had an upper respiratory infection, and this week, feeling a little better, I hit the ground running. There was so much to do, and too much to be excited about.

Last Sunday, I went with a group of wonderful friends to see The Civil Wars. If you haven’t been listening to their music, you’re totally behind the times, and you’re missing out on some pretty phenomenal talent. It was beyond incredible. They were so fun to watch and we got to witness a pretty cool “moment” in their personal lives. It was amazing and definitely in my top 3 musical experiences.

Road trippin’ with some of my lovely friends wasn’t too shabby either. πŸ™‚ Our four hour car ride was host to some pretty exciting beginnings and closure to some pretty heavy endings. It was exactly what I needed.

Anyway, we have a new project stirring up, and if I had any question that it was right thing to do, God certainly confirmed that it was indeed the right step as my week unfolded.

In a lot of ways, this week was crazy, and not so much in a good way. The devil has certainly been doing his job, and boy have I been feeling his attack.Β  It seems like night after night it was always somethin’. The cake topper came yesterday, though.

I was out doing my normal Friday stuff, and around 1:15 or so, I very suddenly felt extremely tired. I’m talking like hardly being able to keep my eyelids open. So, I stood up from where I was sitting and I started moving around. Shortly after, I felt the urge to yawn. And so, like any other normal human being, I yawned. Bad.Move. My jaw locked open. (some of you know that this happened almost two years ago while I was doing the very same thing) Anyway, I had to quickly gather up all of my stuff, and get out to my car so that I could head to the ER. I texted CMB as soon as I could sit down, and then I high-tailed it to the ER.Β  I pulled up to the ER and it was basically like a horror scene from a movie. As I walked it, tears streaming down my face, I motioned to the men behind the check-in desk that I couldn’t close my mouth. Man #1 calmly gave me a number and told me to have a seat, while saintlikeMan#2 gave me a pen and piece of paper and let me write down a message. At this point, my body was basically convulsing, and once I grabbed the pen, saintlikeMan#2 became very aware of this. He notsocalmly took my pulse, and then became alarmed with how high my heart rate was. Naturally, in a situation like this, anyone’s heart rate is going to jump, but mine was off the charts. So, saintlikeMan#2 politely brought me a wheelchair and wheeled me straight on back to a room.

So, I got back to the room, and the nurse walks in and takes one look at me and then calls me by name and immediately begins to help me get comfortable. Turns out, she was my nurse 2 years ago, and never forgot my name. There are no words to describe my relief. Again, this whole open locked jaw thing is extremely painful, and in those moments, having that nurse there who knew me and knew what to do was the biggest sign that Jesus loved me. I tried to explain to her that CMB was coming and she took care of everything. I tried my hardest to relax and be patient. When CMB walked in, I pretty much lost it all over again, but thanks to his comforting nature, I quickly calmed back down and tried to rest. Shortly after, my grams walked in, and she was wonderful.

The nurse/my best friend helped get things moving very quickly and before I knew it, the hippest looking doctor and his super sweet medical student were standing before me explaining how they were going to help me. I signed all of the consent forms and in came nurse/bff with around 5 tubes of meds that I can only imagine came straight from the gates of Heaven. She pumped them into my IV and immediately my body stopped hurting. (For those of you who think medicine is not of God, boyyyyyyy are you wrong.) When they gave me the real drug, I lost all consciousness and when I opened my eyes again, CMB and hip doc where standing over me. I could hear nurse/bff saying that I did very well, and after a few hugs from CMB and checking more than the appropriate times that my mouth was closed, I let out a huge sigh of relief.

After that drama was over, I had some x-rays and apple juice and they sent me on my way. The road ahead is more than likely long, as I will be seeing an oral surgeon as soon as I can get an appointment. But, for the moment, I’m feeling okay, swollen cheeks and all.

Needless to say, it was a crazy day, and certainly an attack as I had to cancel a very crucial meeting. But, meetings can be rescheduled and my God is bigger than any attack, so I’m feeling unshaken and even more motivated.

And, just as the Bible says that God makes all things work together for good, He sure does. Because I was so exhausted after leaving the ER, my Friday night was instructed to be spent laying around at home. Good part? I finished another part of my DIY project for our new house! πŸ™‚

I can’t wait to share those projects with you guys, and I promise I will be…soon! πŸ™‚

Hopefully, your weekends didn’t start off the same way mine did. Praying that you guys have wonderful and relaxing weekends!

And if your week/weekend is sucky, remember, God is bigger than whatever you’re going through. Press in to Him and trust that He’s got you.



1 Comment

Filed under Uncategorized

One response to “Attack.

  1. Iris

    While I knew when He moved me up here, I would not be there for all the moments in your life and He told me that HE would be, being 350 miles away is a hard pill to swallow. When you told me about the nurse, I, too, knew that this was God taking care of His little princess. As Hannah via Sherry would say, what are the chances? You (and CMB & Nana) are in my prayers every day. I love you and miss you more than you will ever know.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s